Mary STRACHAN 
- Born: Abt 1787, Scotland
- Marriage: Joseph NEISH  on 11 Nov 1804 in Craig by Montrose, Angus, Scotland
Rosemary Filsell has Mary Strachan's christening as 16 Dec 1781, Maryton, Forfarshire/Angus, Scotland.
Extract of an entry in an Old Parochial Register Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages (Scotland) Act 1965) S47 010122
Parish of Craig,
County of Forfar,
Novr 10 1804.
Joseph Neish and Mary Strachan both of this parish were Matrimonially contracted, and married Nov 11th.
The above particulars are extracted from a Register of Proclamations of Banns and Marriages
Given under the Seal of the General Register offfice, New Register House, Edinburgh on 6 January 1988 (Rosemary Filsell) (image on file)
Name: Joseph Neish
Spouse's Name:Mary Strachan
Event Date: 11 Nov 1804
Event Place: Craig By Montrose,Angus,Scotland
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M11280-5
System Origin: Scotland-ODM
GS Film number: 993418
((Citing this Record: "Scotland, Marriages, 1561-1910," index, <i>FamilySearch</i> (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTVS-15V : accessed 16 January 2015), Joseph Neish and Mary Strachan, 11 Nov 1804; citing Craig By Montrose,Angus,Scotland, reference ; FHL microfilm 993,418.))
The 1841 Census records Mary as 'Mary Straghan' age 50 at Kilgraston Cottage, Dunbarney Perthshire (living with her is daughter Jane Neish age 20 but not with husband Joseph Neish). (Mary's birth year is recorded abt 1791 but RG Filsell estimates born abt 1787).
The Register of Applications for Publicans Certificate 1828-1865 (Researched by RG Filsell, Perth Library 1997)
Mrs Neish, Bridge of Earn, Parish of Dunbarney 1834
Mrs Mary Neish, Bridge of Earn, Parish of Dunbarney 1833-1835-1836
Mrs Mary Neish, Kilgraston Cottages, Parish of Dunbarney Parsh 1837
A Mrs Joseph Neish is shown as a Vintner of Coal Shore
1845-46 Perth Directories: Researched by RG Filsell, Perth Library 1997
Mrs Mary Neish, Shore House Tavern, 1846-1847
Publicans Licences 1840-1852 Perth, Scotland: Researched by RG Filsell, Perth Library 1997
Mrs Joseph Neish (Grocer) Bridgend, Perth, 1848-49
Vintners, Perth, Scotland: Researched by RG Filsell, Perth Library 1997
1848-49 Perth Directories: Searched by Rosemary Perth Library 1997
A Mrs Joseph Neish, Grocer of 22 Gowrie Street, Bridgend, Perth
• Marriage: Extract, 1804, Craig by Montrose, Angus, Scotland.
• Census: Scotland, 7 Jun 1841, Kilgraston Cottage, Dunbarney, Perthshire. Mary Straghan is recorded as Female age 50 born abt 1791 Scotland and described as a Publican. (Her daughter Jane Neish 20y & grandaughter Elizabeth Stephens 2y living with her.)
• Post Office Directory: Vintner, 1845-1846, Coal Shore, Perth, Scotland.
• Post Office Directory: grocer, 1848-1849, 22 Gowrie st., Bridgend, Perth, Scotland.
• Census: Scotland, 7 Apr 1861, Thornyhill Cottage, Fettercairn, Kincardineshire, Scotland. Mary is recorded as Female age 69 Head of house Occupation formerly Out Door Farm Worker, Pauper. This may not be correct
Mary married Joseph NEISH  [MRIN: 224], son of Joseph NEISH  and Ann SINCLAIR , on 11 Nov 1804 in Craig by Montrose, Angus, Scotland. (Joseph NEISH  was baptised on 10 May 1785 in Craig by Montrose, Angus, Scotland and died before 1853.)